Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Larry E.'s Portfolio: Larry Eikleberry

We conclude our look through Larry Eikleberry's portfolio with a self-portrait of the artist as a young cartoon character.

Larry Eikleberry

Larry started in layout at Filmation in 1979. In the 1980s he alternated amongst Filmation, Hanna-Barbera, Melendez and Ruby-Spears, working on such shows as "Mighty Mouse", "Heckle and Jeckle", "Quacula", "He-Man and Masters Of The Universe", "She-Ra, Princess of Power", "Scooby-Doo", "The Puppy's Adventures", "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and "The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show". For Disney he's done storyboards for "New Adventures of Winnie-The-Pooh"and various other shows. And for a decade, he worked in design at Disney merchandising.

Larry now devotes his time to landscapes and portraiture, at which he is proficient.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to find Larry Eikelberry! He did a portrait of me about 15 years ago, and now that I am old I'd love to see if he would sell it to me. How can I contact him? my email is eileenpmooney@yahoo.com. Enjoyed the portfolio too!

Eileen Mooney

ineedtosellascreenplay said...

I am from Mr. Eikleberry's hometown of Dardanelle. My father, Benny Boling, went to school with him. He told me about Mr. Eikleberry because my son is a budding cartoonist. He's almost 16 now, and it would be such a thrill for him to get some advice from a Dardanelle native who made it. We would love to hear from him. My e-mail address is lesliedp@centurytel.net.

Site Meter