Friday, May 13, 2011

Doodles of fun

I confess to the occasional mixed feeling on the subject of Google Doodles, those often funny and sometimes moving little animations (sorry) that pop up on the main search page on various occasions.

I know they got Yoko's permission to honor John Lennon's seventieth birthday, and I'm incapable of passing up any opportunity to hear Imagine, but I was a little weirded out at the use of his self-portrait for the o's in the logo. Bottom line, it's a good idea to remember that these are commercials, albeit well-done commercials. (And of course the Beatles were total idealists who never indulged in anything commercial. I probably should get over myself here.)

On the other hand I was very taken by Wednesday's entry, not just because it comes from TAG member Ryan Woodward but because it so elegantly honors the 117th birthday of Martha Graham.

A Washington Post writer offers his favorites.

0 comments:

Site Meter