Thursday, August 09, 2012

DreamWork Animation - The TV Division



Today's studio visit was to DreamWorks Animation's "How to Train Your Dragon -- the series unit in Sherman Oaks. (That's midway through the San Fernando Valley on fabled Ventura Blvd,. if you're wondering ...)

DreamWorks Animation took the show over from sub-contractor APU/Wildbrain nine months ago. They are ramping up for the second season of the series -- although the first show premiered only last week. (And I'm guessing it won't be up on YouTube long.)

A staffer told me three board crews will be coming on over the next weeks. Right now there's a number of empty desks. One artist told me:

"I came on sixteen months ago. I was told then the job would be eight months, max. They keep extending me and extending me. I'm not complaining. ...

I've been to the studio numerous times over the last year. There's a large difference between the pace and resources of the feature version and the t.v. version they are doing here. DWA has ambitious hopes for the show. The footage that was unspooled at Comic-Con went over well.

0 comments:

Site Meter